The Local Governance Resource Center of the Department of the Interior and Local Government-ARMM is a dynamic, interactive and user friendly portal that supports the knowledge needs of the local governance sector in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in relation to governance and development.
The LGRC was established to address the following concern:
- To promote a culture of learning and knowledge sharing in pursuit of sustainable development through excellence in local governance;
- To support DILG in its role as a primary catalyst for excellence in local governance;
- To harness the role of DILG as knowledge brokers and facilitators of capacity development in local governance and;
- To facilitate the interpretation of knowledge management in DILG processes and systems towards building the department as a Knowledge Centric Organization.
The LGRC has four (4) program components:
- The Multi-media and Knowledge
- Capacity Development
- Public Education on Good Governance, Development and Citizenship